Siren License error

Hello and happy weekend,

Yesterday I wanted to check how how scalable siren is so I downloaded the trial license and installed it on my test cluster. Cluster runs locally and has three nodes. One master, and two data nodes.

When I upload the license, I get the following error in only one of the nodes:

Caused by: org.elasticsearch.transport.RemoteTransportException: [data-node2][192.168.5.123:9300][internal:cluster/coordination/join/validate]
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unknown NamedWriteable [org.elasticsearch.cluster.metadata.Metadata$Custom][siren_license]
        at org.elasticsearch.common.io.stream.NamedWriteableRegistry.getReader(NamedWriteableRegistry.java:111) ~[elasticsearch-7.17.6.jar:7.17.6]
        at org.elasticsearch.common.io.stream.NamedWriteableAwareStreamInput.readNamedWriteable(NamedWriteableAwareStreamInput.java:36) ~[elasticsearch-7.17.6.jar:7.17.6]
        at org.elasticsearch.common.io.stream.NamedWriteableAwareStreamInput.readNamedWriteable(NamedWriteableAwareStreamInput.java:28) ~[elasticsearch-7.17.6.jar:7.17.6]

When I remove the license, the cluster automatically restores to its correct state.

I tried to install the license via command line, that didn’t work either.

Basically, with the siren license, the cluster doesn’t work, without it does.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Hi James,

Please connect with sales@siren.io to get the trial license for cluster environment.

Regards
Manu Agarwal

Hello @JamesMcGee

Regarding the Unknown NamedWriteable error, it seems one of your nodes is missing the federate plugin. Please make sure the output of GET /_cat/plugins lists the federate plugin on all 3 nodes.

Cheers,