JDBC connection to SQL database

Dear all,

I am writing you to enquire about a problem I have with Siren Platform: I need to connect Siren to a MariaDB SQL database using a JDBC connection. However, apparently Siren is unable to connect to the SQL database as it doesn’t recognise any node: when I try to configure a JDBC datasource, I get the following error message:

Datasources Configuration Editor: There are no connector nodes with JDBC enabled that can process the request at this time. {“error”:{“root_cause”:[{“type”:“exception”,“reason”:“There are no connector nodes with JDBC enabled that can process the request at this time.”}],“type”:“exception”,“reason”:“There are no connector nodes with JDBC enabled that can process the request at this time.”},“status”:500}

I was wondering whether I may ask your help in solving this problem? In case you need more information, I installed ‘siren-platform-no-data-no-security:10.2.1’ on a Windows machine.

Many thanks in advance for any hint.

All the best,
Michele

Hi Michele,

Did you already enable JDBC on an ElasticSearch node ?

On the current version, the JDBC connector is not enabled by default.

To enable it, you have to add this setting in your elasticsearch.yml configuration file and restart the node:

node.attr.connector.jdbc: true

You will find additional information in our documentation:

https://docs.support.siren.io/10.2.2/platform/en/siren-federate/connecting-to-jdbc-datasources/settings.html

Best,
Emmanuel

Dear Emmanuel,

Many thanks for your kind reply.

That solved the problem! I enabled JDBC on the node following your suggestion, and that allowed me to configure the datasource.

Many thanks for taking the time to help me - I really appreciate it.

All the best,
Michele