Connection With Mongodb

I’m looking to establish an external data source with either MongoDB or Neo4j, but I’m encountering difficulties in the creation process. Despite reviewing the documentation, I’m struggling to connect in version 13.5. I’ve attempted to use JDBC for the connection, but it’s presenting an error indicating that JDBC connections are not permitted in my Siren version. I’m seeking guidance on overcoming this issue.

Hi Fatima,

JDBC datasources have been deprecated and will be removed in Siren 13x releases. Try using alternatives like Logstash to ingest external data sets instead.

https://docs.siren.io/siren-platform-user-guide/14.0/siren-investigate/t_import-using-logstash.html

Please use Logstash to ingest data from respective JDBC driver of database.

Regards
Manu

have you ever tried it? Any Steps if you know ?

@Manu_Agarwal please reply if you know

Hi Fatima,

Here is the guide for logstash to use jdbc driver and ingest data in Elasticsearch.

JDBC mongo plugin:

Regards
Manu

How can I link my 13.5 siren to a local MongoDB database?

@Manu_Agarwal @varun.sharma please check the above query

Hi Fatima,

Please follow Elastic logstash documentation to connect to Mongo DB.

We don’t have any documentation specific to mongo DB.

If you are trying to do a POC please contact Siren sales team sales@siren.io team will assist it accordingly.

Regards
Manu

1 Like

"Thank you very much for your help, sir. I have a question: Can I substitute Avatica for Logstash? Is it feasible to use it with MongoDB?if yes then any steps?

Hi Fatima,

Avatica is longer maintained due to some known issue and is also going to depreciate so not recommended to use it.

Best would be use logstash or python script to connect to mongo db and ingest data in ES. If you would like any further assistance on this POC please contact siren sales team.

Regards
Manu

ok thanks sir i’ll try hope so they guide me

@Manu_Agarwal, sir, could you please provide me with an email address where I can reach out to you? I have some questions related to the connection between Siren and MongoDB that I would like to discuss.