Could not validate Neo4j datasource

Hi all,
I have a problem in connecting siren to Neo4j database.
When I built datasource, I got this error:

Datasources Configuration Editor: Could not validate datasource [neo4j_datasource]. {“error”:{“root_cause”:[{“type”:“exception”,“reason”:“Could not validate datasource [neo4j_datasource].”}],“type”:“exception”,“reason”:“Could not validate datasource [neo4j_datasource].”,“caused_by”:{“type”:“s_q_l_exception”,“reason”:“Some errors occurred : \n[Neo.ClientError.Statement.SyntaxError]:Invalid input ‘START’: expected \r\n “RETURN”\r\n “CREATE”\r\n “DELETE”\r\n “SET”\r\n “REMOVE”\r\n “DETACH”\r\n “MATCH”\r\n “WITH”\r\n “UNWIND”\r\n “USE”\r\n “CALL”\r\n “LOAD”\r\n “FROM”\r\n “FOREACH”\r\n “MERGE”\r\n “OPTIONAL”\r\n “USING” (line 1, column 1 (offset: 0))\r\n"START n=NODE(*) MATCH (n) RETURN COUNT(n)”\r\n ^\n"}},“status”:500}

Please help me to resolve it.
Thanks a lot

Hi Sara,

What version of Neo4j are you using? I’d recommend downloading Neo4j JDBC Driver v3.4.0 as stated in our JDBC driver installation and compatibility documentation.

It will good to test the connection as well.

If this still doesn’t work please provide the details of ES , federate , Investigate version you are using and the Elasticsearch logs.

Regards
Manu

Thanks Manu,
If it’s possible, help me about this setting. I can’t find where do I insert them and set them about Neo4j:

Hi Sara,

Please use this path to put the jdbc drivers of neo4j

....elasticsearch/config/jdbc-drivers

About the drivers-security , the file is available at this path:

....elasticsearch\plugins\siren-federate

Regards
Manu

Thanks Manu,
Please tell me what is the permissions for neo4j:

grant codeBase “${codebase.federate.neo4j-jdbc-3.4.0.jar}” {
// Permissions for neo4j-jdbc-3.4.0.jar
}

Hi Sara,

You don’t need to add anything in the security file use the default file of security.

Current supported version of Neo4j by Siren is 3.5.x. Since the query formatter is changed from Neo4j version 4 , that’s why you are getting this error.

Please use these steps:

• Siren Investigate version 11.1.3

• Neo4j JDBC Driver v3.4.0 and place at this location
    ....elasticsearch/config/jdbc-drivers

• Download the Neo4j 3.5.x.

• Test the connection and create a Data Reflection Jobs

Note: Siren doesn’t support now Virtual Indices although you can use the Data Reflection Jobs

Regards
Manu

Hi
Thanks Manu,
I do this steps but I got this error:

How can I resolve it?

Hi Sara,

Have you tested the connection what happens at that?

Also please share the ES logs as well when this error comes on investigate.

Regards
Manu