Software Installation Error

Hello,

I have been faced a problem when first configuring environment. When I read readme file, there is a following instructor as follows:

• Go to the “elasticsearch” directory and run:
    .\bin\elasticsearch.bat
  • Go to the “siren-investigate” directory and run:
    .\bin\investigate.bat

However, when I try to run first bat file which is elasticsearch, cmd screen opened and closed in a second and nothing happened.

When I try to run second bat file which is siren-investigate following warning emerged and at the end, I cannot see any screen or connection to use software.

Error: Cannot find module ‘C:\Users\atacan\Desktop\Siren\siren-platform-demo-data-10.2.3-windows-x86_64\siren-platform-demo-data-10.2.3-windows-x86_64\siren-investigate\node_modules\jdbc\node_modules\java\postInstall.js’
at Function.Module._resolveFilename (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:581:15)
at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:507:25)
at Function.Module.runMain (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:742:12)
at startup (internal/bootstrap/node.js:282:19)
at bootstrapNodeJSCore (internal/bootstrap/node.js:743:3)

I check te files but I cannot find jdbc folder in node_modules.

Could you help me how can I solve the problem and configure the software for usage?
Best,
Atacan

Hello Atacan,
Welcome to the community! Regarding the Elasticsearch issue, I’d say it’s more than likely that you don’t have Java in your system. To be certain:

1. You may go to the .\elasticsearch\bin folder in your File Explorer.
  2. Press ALT+D to highlight the Address bar, type in ‘cmd’ and press enter to open that directory in Command Prompt.
  3. In Command Prompt, type ‘elasticsearch’ and press enter.

Running elasticsearch this way would prevent the window from closing itself on error and you’ll be able see the reason. If it is a java related issue then it is recommended that you install Oracle JDK version 1.8.0_xxx. You may confirm it’s installed correctly by running the following command in Command Prompt:
java -version
This might actually solve your issue with Siren Investigate as well. Please try this and let us know if you come across any other issue.

Regards,
Varun